Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Aunt Shirlene is 70 Years Young!










I hope Aunt Shirlene doesn not mind about me telling her age. If I look as great as she does at 70 then I know would not mind. We all love her and appreciatte her love for all of us Lewis kids. My memories of Aunt Shirlene just make me smile. She sure knew how to throw a party and how to shower all with gifts. And I do mean shower. I remember at our wedding reception we had three or four piles just from the Lees. That must have taken forever to shop for and then wrap each gift. But then there was Christmas! Each child would have his own huge garbage bag of gifts or more. There were 12 of us in the Lewis family! How fun it was!
In honor of Aunt Shirlene's big birthday we would like to list a few of our favorite things about her.

#1. Aunt Shirlene gives the greatest hugs! You felt no doubt about her love for you as she would squeeze.
#2. Aunt Shirlene has a beautiful smile. Aunt Shirlene knows how to get others to smile as well. Her happy smile is infectous!
#3. I remember as I was young that I would never want my grandpa and grandma or my parents to ever hear something bad about me. The same was true for Aunt Shirlene. I would not have wanted to dissapoint her. This made me a better person. I somehow felt she knew I could be great so I tried to be.
#4. Aunt Shirlene is a very loving person. All who are around her know that she truly cares about them. She is great at spreading the love!
#5. I loved that we were both born in April. I always felt that this gave us some special connection.
#6. Aunt Shirlene had a way of making the individual feel special. I know that many of my siblings felt that she took a special interest in them but she actually did that for all of us.
#7. I love to see my children with Aunt Shirlene. It makes me remember the days when she would take me in her arms as well. My children all love her greatly.
#8. I love Aunt Shirlene's choice for her husband. Uncle Mike is full of surprises and much teasing. What a wonderful man! He always has something to make you laugh about!
#9. Aunt Shirlene has also had three incredible and amazing girls who have become close friends to me and all of our family. She has taught them how to love and give to others as well. What a great mother she has been and is.
#10. I love how much Aunt Shirlene loves her Heavenly Father, the gospel, and her family. With her, these are all one. I love how she shares her testimony through her actions to us all. She is truly an elect lady loved by her Father in Heaven.

We all love you, Aunt Shirlene! We hope you truly know how much we love you and how grateful we are for all you have done for us! Happy birthday!!! We hope you have the best one ever!!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Another great post! The pictures are amazing.

Noelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.